STONE TABLE

STONE TABLE

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Assistens Kierkegaard (Copenhagen)


I have been on a citytrip to Copenhagen to meet one of my favourtie philosophers. I visited his grave, looked for the house where he was born and all this inspired me to write this poem about the graveyard in Copenhagen. All kinds of famous artists are buried here. When the weather is fine, people from all over Copenhagen gather here, having a picknick or lovers meet here to sit down,have glass of wine together,talking to eachother etc. These were the words that came up immediately while i was walking on the site and saw what was happening before my eyes.





Making love between the dead
Kissing on the greenest grass
Where artists rest in peace
And lovers feel at ease

Philosophers and writers
Have found a place to rest
 young people found their way
To put true love to its test

I  hear her whispering in his ear
O my love my dearest dear
If you dare to kiss my lips
Beside this grave
Than i know for shure
Within your arms forever
I'll  be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment